Friday 10 April 2015

Do you ever feel so strange in the city where you were born? Cause I do. I've spent more than a decade of my life in Samarinda City, Indonesia but I feel like I don't recognise it well enough, I really don't know much about it. Almost nothing. I just realised it when I was on my way home riding a motorcycle from uni at night. I can feel the atmosphere is very different to the ones in Melbourne City, Australia. Even though I've only live in Aussie for about 4 years, I feel way more engaging to Melbourne. I never feel scared to be out at night. Wether when I'm traveling on a tram, train or even walking. Never. I could see polices there are really doing their job creating more peace on the street. I guess when I feel unsafe & uncomfortable to my surroundings, that's when I feel disconnected the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment